Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

OFFICIAL MAIL for SUPPORT : support@vibethemes.com

OFFICIAL MAIL for SUPPORT : support@vibethemes.com , Priority support for Forums.
See more
See less

Where do I put my Subscribe Code for my mailing list?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I put my Subscribe Code for my mailing list?

I've searched and can't seem to find this information any where...sorry if it's common knowledge to most...it's not obvious to me. :-)

I've included a Subscribe Form on my homepage that was generated through this theme...but how do I connect that with my mailing list? I can generate embed code from my email provider (1ShoppingCart)...but where do I put it so that it will send the information from the form to the right place?

Do I need to generate the form from my provider and just add this code to my page and skip the theme generated one altogether?

I'm confused. I've done this on a previous website with no problem. But I could access the html code for each page (it wasn't a Wordpress site). How do I locate the code for each page and insert this code?

I've tried putting the code in via the "text" tab in the editor. But I can't see the code for the theme generated form there. So, I don't know how to change it. It appears that this form simply sends an email. It doesn't actually "submit" the contents to my mailing list provider.

What am I missing?

Do I need to generate the form from my provider and just add this code to my page and skip the theme generated one altogether?
    YES.

How do I locate the code for each page and insert this code?
    It is in the Page Builder Content Blocks. Edit the Page, scroll to bottom and you'll see page builder. Click on List icon of the appropriate "green block" and you'll see a contact form shortcode.

It appears that this form simply sends an email.
    YES, it is an extended version of the "Contact form", which is a shortcode. To try this, simply create any post/page, click on the (v) icon. Select ContactForm. In contact form what all fields you want you enter what all fields you don;t want you leave them blank.

There is no way that the theme could recognize which mailing list provider you're subscribed to. Please each mailing list provider has its own API and code to integrate. Which makes it really hard to integrate theme with all Mailing list providers via the shortcode or any functionality.

Bottom Line:
    Wherever you want to insert the Subscription form. Simply copy the HTML generated from your Mailing List provider. Go to the Page builder relevant content block. Click on "text mode" instead of visual mode. Add the HTML and save.

Once you've done this you may need to give them some custom styling.

If you can paste a sample code in this thread, I can tell you what classes you can apply to make the form look similar to the theme's contact forms.

Comment

Ok. Great. I did figure out where to put the code...finally. But the styling is all wrong. So, that's really my issue. If I can at least make the Submit button look like the Subscribe Now button that the shortcode offers me, that would be better. I love the look of your forms that you've created here. But I need the functionality of the form actually being submitted to my service. I totally understand that you can't account for every mailing list service provider out there! :-)

I'm using 1ShoppingCart. Here's the HTML they provided me:

Code:
      <form name="form1" method="post" action="https://www.mcssl.com/app/contactsave.asp">
      <input name="merchantid" type="hidden" id="merchantid" value="210265">
      <input name="ARThankyouURL" type="hidden" id="ARThankyouURL" value="www.mcssl.com/app/thankyou.asp?ID=210265">
      <input name="copyarresponse" type="hidden" id="copyarresponse" value="1">
      <input name="defaultar" type="hidden" id="defaultar" value="717344">
      <input name="allowmulti" type="hidden" id="allowmulti" value="0">
      <input name="visiblefields" type="hidden" id="visiblefields" value="Name,Email1">
      <input name="requiredfields" type="hidden" id="requiredfields" value="Name,Email1">
      <table>
          <tr>
            <td>Name</td>
            <td><input name="Name" type="text" size="40"></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
            <td>Email</td>
            <td><input name="Email1" type="text" size="40"></td>
          </tr>
      	<tr align="center">
      		<td colspan="2">
      			<input type="Submit" name="cmdSubmit" value="Submit">
      		</td>
      	</tr>
        </table>
      </form>

Any help with this is GREATLY appreciated! :-) Thank you!
      Last edited by nancymoran; 02-14-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

HEre you go:

PHP Code:
        <form name="form1" method="post" action="https://www.mcssl.com/app/contactsave.asp">
        <
        input name="merchantid" type="hidden" id="merchantid" value="210265">
        <
        input name="ARThankyouURL" type="hidden" id="ARThankyouURL" value="www.mcssl.com/app/thankyou.asp?ID=210265">
        <
        input name="copyarresponse" type="hidden" id="copyarresponse" value="1">
        <
        input name="defaultar" type="hidden" id="defaultar" value="717344">
        <
        input name="allowmulti" type="hidden" id="allowmulti" value="0">
        <
        input name="visiblefields" type="hidden" id="visiblefields" value="Name,Email1">
        <
        input name="requiredfields" type="hidden" id="requiredfields" value="Name,Email1"><p></p>
        <
        table>
        <
        tbody><tr>
        <
        td><label>Name</label></td>
        <
        td><input name="Name" type="text" size="40" class="form_field"></td>
        </
        tr>
        <
        tr>
        <
        td><label>Email</label></td>
        <
        td><input name="Email1" type="text" size="40" class="form_field"></td>
        </
        tr>
        <
        tr align="center">
        <
        td colspan="2">
                    <
        input type="Submit" name="cmdSubmit" value="Submit" class="button primary" style="line-height:24px;">
                </
        td>
        </
        tr>
        </
        tbody></table>
        </
        form

Comment

This is terrific! Thank you so much! Unfortunately, it's not actually working. As in, it doesn't seem to actually submit anything. I don't get any indication that anything was processed. The fields in the form don't go blank...I don't get a message that it's sending...I don't get the Windows rotating circle...I don't go to the thank you page that is set up to say that the info was received...nothing.

I've tried it in both Chrome and IE. Same problem.

Any clue to why this isn't working? I can't figure it out.

Comment

I'm still not able to make this above form work. Nothing gets submitted. I click on the Submit button and absolutely nothing happens. The fields don't go blank...I don't get a message that it's sending...I don't the Windows rotating circle...I don't go to the thank you page that is set up to say that the info was received...nothing.

I can't understand why absolutely nothing happens.

Can you help?

Comment

Ideally this should work.
              I am testing it and will post the solution here.

Comment

Answer:
                I tested it out and it works fine.

The Issue:
                When you save this code in the WP Text editor, it works fine. However, if you open it again to edit the code, you'll see that from second time onwards the <form> tags are truncated by WP which is why after you save this code the second time, it won't do anything, because there is no form and action url present in the code.

So the solution is not to edit the code in WP Editor. Simply make your changes in some text editor and replace the whole code everytime you require to change something.
                P.S: Make sure you paste the code in Text mode.

Just added a transparent background to table for better look, copy and paste the code below.

In case you need a sample try this: http://vibethemes.com/envato/vibecom...-subscription/
                PHP Code:

<form name="form1" method="post" action="https://www.mcssl.com/app/contactsave.asp">
                <
                input name="merchantid" type="hidden" id="merchantid" value="210265">
                <
                input name="ARThankyouURL" type="hidden" id="ARThankyouURL" value="www.mcssl.com/app/thankyou.asp?ID=210265">
                <
                input name="copyarresponse" type="hidden" id="copyarresponse" value="1">
                <
                input name="defaultar" type="hidden" id="defaultar" value="717344">
                <
                input name="allowmulti" type="hidden" id="allowmulti" value="0">
                <
                input name="visiblefields" type="hidden" id="visiblefields" value="Name,Email1">
                <
                input name="requiredfields" type="hidden" id="requiredfields" value="Name,Email1"><p></p>
                <
                table style="background:transparent;">
                <
                tbody><tr>
                <
                td><label>Name</label></td>
                <
                td><input name="Name" type="text" size="40" class="form_field"></td>
                </
                tr>
                <
                tr>
                <
                td><label>Email</label></td>
                <
                td><input name="Email1" type="text" size="40" class="form_field"></td>
                </
                tr>
                <
                tr align="center">
                <
                td colspan="2">
                            <
                input type="Submit" name="cmdSubmit" value="Submit" class="button primary" style="line-height:24px;">
                        </
                td>
                </
                tr>
                </
                tbody></table>
                </
                form
                Last edited by Mr.Vibe; 02-16-2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

OMG! Thank you SO much! This worked beautifully! And you're right...I don't know how I missed that the editor was stripping out some code. But when I went back in to look, the form code was missing! How can they do that?!? That's pitiful.

But that's not YOUR fault. Thank you so much for figuring this out for me AND for providing a solution. I can't thank you enough.

And also...you read my mind...thank you for the transparent code too! I wondered how I was going to get rid of that gray background. :-)

You're the best! :-)
                  Last edited by nancymoran; 02-16-2013, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X