Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

OFFICIAL MAIL for SUPPORT : support@vibethemes.com

OFFICIAL MAIL for SUPPORT : support@vibethemes.com , Priority support for Forums.
See more
See less

Difficulty changing theme settings

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Difficulty changing theme settings

Hi

When I select one of the 11 themes in General Settings, nothing changes.

When I select a body background effect in Elements, nothing changes.

I don’t seem to be able to change any colours.

I also tried changing H1 font colour and size and nothing happened.

When I press the Browse button to upload the logo, nothing happens

I've done all of these:

-> Go to Your WordPress Dashboard -> Go to VibeOptions Panel. -> Click on General Settings. -> Click “Yes” in Enable Theme Customizer -> Click on Elements. -> Click “Yes” in Enable Custom Theme. -> Click on Typography. -> Click “Yes” in Enable Custom Typography. -> Click “Save” to save VibeOptions Panel. Now you can go to WordPress Theme Customizer and edit colors and fonts.

Still nothing changes

Hi,

We had this same issue with another member, where the server isn't able to load the custom.php file due to some internal error.

here are some possible reasons for this:

1. Permissions Issue.
    2. Programming issue.
    3. Other, there could be any other server related issue.

4. PHP version < 5.1.
    Last edited by Mr.Vibe; 01-31-2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

any updates? after our email these issues should be resolved.

Comment

I am experiencing the same issues, except I was able to upload my logo. But, the rest is all the same.

Comment

The above user faced these issues mostly because she was trying to change settings via Options panel whereas the WP Theme editor was enabled.

In case you're facing similar issues, please disable WP Theme editor in Vibe Options Panel -> General Settings and rest everything should work fine.
          In case it is not please email us your WP Admin credentials (or create a new one) at vibethemes@gmail.com

Comment

I am having the same problem. I cannot change the theme colors using the 11 themes in General Settings. I had the WP Theme Customizer enabled. So, I have disabled that in General Settings and I STILL cannot change the theme.

I have uploaded a logo, no problem. My issue seems to be with the Themes, specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by nancymoran View Post
              I am having the same problem. I cannot change the theme colors using the 11 themes in General Settings. I had the WP Theme Customizer enabled. So, I have disabled that in General Settings and I STILL cannot change the theme.

I have uploaded a logo, no problem. My issue seems to be with the Themes, specifically.
              Make sure that Elements [Custom Theme] is enabled.

Comment

Yes, Elements [Custom Theme] is enabled...I have always had that enabled.

Comment

Can you please tell us the site URL. We need to check if there is some jquery conflict.

Comment

Sure...but it is just a test site. www.nancymoranandfett.com

Comment

Looks fine. Can you also share your WP Admin details for the same. We want to check if the settings are correct.

You may like to add following CSS to adjust spacing above and below the logo.
                      Code:
                      .logoarea {
                      margin: 20px 0px !important;
                      }
                      Add this in style.css of your child theme.

Comment

Thanks for the CSS code. I'm not quite up to that, yet. :-)

I'm not sure I feel comfortable giving out my admin password on this forum (no offense). Can you tell me which settings you want to check? Or are they real technical, i.e. in the code, settings that I won't know how to find?

I'm honestly OK with the color settings I have now. I just wanted to see what the other Blue options looked like and/or have the option to change it in the future.

Comment

The settings should be:
                          Change colors Via WP Theme Customizer and Not via Vibe Options Panel [Only for users with 3.4.x + WP Versions]
                          1. Vibe Options -> Elements - Custom Theme Enabled.
                          2. Vibe Options -> Typography - Custom Typography Enabled.
                          3. Vibe Options -> General Settings -> Enable WP Theme Customizer.

Or
                          Change theme settings via Vibe Options Panel :
                          1. Vibe Options -> Elements - Custom Theme Enabled.
                          2. Vibe Options -> Typography - Custom Typography Enabled.
                          3. Vibe Options -> General Settings -> Disable WP Theme Customizer.

Using these settings you should be able to change the colors/fonts. On once occasion we found some error in the PHP configuration of the server which is not your case, so most probably it is a settings issue.

Comment

Well...I don't know what to tell you...I am using Wordpress 3.5, so I am using Vibe Options Panel for settings. All three of the settings you mentioned are already correctly set. I even un-set them and set them back again, just in case. But if I select a Vibecom theme that is anything other than the first one, it does nothing. No colors are changed. I am assuming that I would notice a color change in the drop down menu and the accent colors at the very least. Right?

Honestly, I'm going to let this go for now because I have other more pressing issues to work on and I happen to like the default theme...it works with my company's color scheme.

But you should just be aware that it's not working for my site. But maybe I'm the only one. :-)

Comment

Working...
                            X